SASSETA facilitates structured occupational based learning programmes, apprenticeships and skills programmes for individuals following career paths within the South African safety and security environment for both the government and private sectors. Upon completion of their programme, learners receive a recognised qualification with the South African National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
SASSETA's (Safety and Security SETA) aim is to be the education and training authority that ensures quality provision of skills development and qualifications, for South African citizens who are already or who wish to be involved in the safety and security environment. Through effective and efficient partnerships with its stakeholders, SASSETA aims to fulfill the objectives of the government's National Skills Development Strategy including:
- develop a culture of high-quality lifelong learning
- foster skills development in the formal sector for productivity and employment growth
- stimulate and support skills development in small businesses
- promote skills development for employability and sustainable livelihoods through social development initiatives
- assist new entrants into employment