PRBI members are distinguished by a business model of focused, customised services by hands-on senior practitioners. Their clients include international conglomerates, Fortune 500 corporations, trade associations, and fast-growing companies in industries such as technology, energy, financial services, government, tourism, education, lifestyle and healthcare.
"The diversity and versatility of PRBI's vibrant membership is reflected in these survey results," noted Dan Leinweber, PRBI president and president of Leinweber Associates, Boston, Massachusetts. "As we enter our seventh year as an organisation, it's inspiring to see the depth and breadth of our members' expertise and services, and the value they bring to clients around the globe."
The survey results revealed the following facts about the membership:
- They are senior level and well educated, with 65% of members having more than 20 years of experience in public relations and 90% holding a bachelor's degree or higher.
- They serve a wide variety of industries, with the majority of members specialising in these five industries: food/beverage, health/medical, energy, information technology and travel/tourism/hospitality.
- They provide a broad spectrum of services, including media relations, business-to-business communications, corporate communications, integrated marketing communication, and public relations counselling.
When asked what they think boutique agencies offer that is better than or different compared to other PR agencies, the top three differences cited were:
- Hands-on work from senior practitioners
- Personalised service
- Customised, smart, flexible business model
Members find the highest gratification in their businesses through:
- Achieving PR goals for clients
- Creativity and strategic planning
- Income, flexibility and independence of their agency models
Comments Africa's sole member, Grapevine Communications' MD Marie Yossava, "There are many boutique PR agencies worldwide operating at top-level, and PRBI connects us all, giving us a platform where we can network and share best practice while keeping abreast of international trends and changes in our industry."
PRBI members are headquartered in North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia. For more information, visit www.prboutiques.com
About PR Boutiques International:
PR Boutiques International (PRBI) is an international network of boutique public relations firms. The principals of member firms are experienced practitioners who have held senior positions in large PR agencies and/or corporations but now put service first and work directly with clients. PRBI member firms excel in meeting a huge range of client needs in a large number of industries, including corporate public relations, consumer PR, health care PR, investor relations, crisis management, business-to-business PR, economic development PR, not-for-profit, academia, government, financial, technology, legal, multicultural and international PR and investor relations. Member practitioners have won the highest levels of professional awards, with qualifications ranging from PhDs to former top journalists. They also represent memberships in the most noteworthy international public relations and business associations.