- Fight counter-productive workplace behaviour through employee engagement
- Why support is vital to entry-level employee retention
- The best Biz summer holiday (content) package ever!
|Get jobs on your |
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Benefits:||Within the cost to company package|
|Location:||Tanzania, Dar es Salaam|
|Company:||Viv Gordon Placements (VGP)|
Get ready to pack your bags because travel into Africa is on your cards! We have a super opportunity for a mid-weight individual to take on the role of general manager at a growing and exciting digital advertising agency, which is part of one of the leading advertising agencies’ in the city of Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. This is your chance to test your mettle and step up into this dynamic position. The Agency is expanding has recently grown its service offering and repositioned itself. It now requires a bright and talented digital marketer with business acumen to grow the company rapidly and manage it. The general manager is expected to efficiently and effectively run the agency as a company independent of the Group. This includes handling client relationship management, managing the entire digital team, securing new business for the agency, handling digital strategy development, developing creative ideas for digital campaigns and managing all commercial aspects of the business. The ideal candidate is independent, free of commitments and therefore able to relocate to this fabulous city. Perhaps you are a creative director or digital director and ready to kick it up a notch career-wise, then this is for you. Stunning opportunity to grow. Do. Not. Miss. Out!
- Extensive knowledge and capability in digital advertising.
- Knowledge of digital media planning and buying.
- Familiarity with the process of website development, analytics and SEO.
- Firm grasp of social media platforms and the management of social communities.
- Ability to create content plans for social media communities and manage community managers.
- Familiarity with digital reporting tools and capable to report digital performance to clients.
- Being the face of the Aagency.
- Provide client service of the highest standard to clients.
- Meet with clients regularly and establish relationship with them.
- Meeting client expectations in terms of creativity, quality and delivery timelines.
- Entertaining clients and ensuring a positive perception of the agency.
- Handling any client complaints.
- Capability in evaluating briefs and stakeholder management.
- Coming up with a new business development strategy.
- Scanning the business landscape and identifying potential new business.
- Pitching for new digital business.
- Finding and responding to requests for proposal, information and quotation.
- Networking and meeting heads of new businesses.
- Completing pitch presentations, credentials presentations and formal pitch proposals.
- The ability to manager and lead others.
- To motivate and drive employees to achieve company objectives.
- Someone who can align people behind a common vision.
- The ability to train, educate and develop employees.
- Handle conflict and resolve human resource issues.
- To input into team structures and ensure the department is adequately resourced.
- To oversee departments workload and deliver on clients’ requirements through others.
- To project manage essential digital deliverables, identifying problem areas before they arise.
- Have a well-developed understanding of Marketing, Communication and Digital Strategy.
- Be able to evaluate clients’ brands and create Digital strategies independently.
- The ability to evaluate and guide your team to deliver Digital strategies.
- Present digital strategies to clients and get sign off.
- To use strategies as foundation for developing digital plans and executions.
- This person should be aware of the latest trends in digital landscape internationally.
- Ability to come up with creative digital ideas and solutions for clients’ brands.
- Understanding of how to brainstorm and feed into the creative process.
- Ability to facilitate brainstorming sessions for the digital team.
- Knowledge of big ideas and consumer insight work.
- Intimately familiar with briefs and how to get the best work out of creative teams.
- A strong business acumen.
- understanding of finance and P&Ls.
- Ability to balance the Agency’s revenue and expenditure.
- Understanding of how to generate profit from clients through various Digital offerings.
- Ability to create cost estimates, invoice and collect money owed in timeous manner.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Industry related Diploma or Degree (preferably in brand management, marketing or digital fields)
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in the digital field
- They must have worked at a digital advertising agency during their career
- Three to four years’ experience in managing teams and employees reporting into them
- Track record of working on and delivering digital advertising campaigns for large corporate clients
- Extensive knowledge of digital advertising
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Hard working
- Good communication skills
- Open minded
Company DescriptionViv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, public relations and publishing industries.
Posted on 14 Sep 09:36
+27 21 422 1037
Advertising, Marketing,Jhb: 011 883 5404
PR, Media and Digital
CT: 021 422 3590 www.adtalent.co.za
Recruiters & Career Coaches in Advertising, Marketing and Media IndustriesLynn: 082 802 4441 (Advertising/Digital/Media)
Jo-Anne: 084 200 1703 (Marketing/Sales/PR)